Austin FIT is a half marathon and marathon training program for walkers and runners of all ability levels, from first-timers to experienced athletes. Our members enjoy a fun, non-intimidating, and safe training experience that focuses on getting to the start line physically and mentally prepared. Certified coaches support a variety of pace groups, so no participant is left behind. Luke’s Locker is a sponsor and provides operational support to Austin FIT.
Upon joining, members receive:
- Extensive training schedule designed for your goal race
- Saturday supported long runs and walks with knowledgeable pace coaches to motivate you…no one is left behind!
- Weekday informal coached workouts
- Weekly newsletters to keep members informed during the week
- Luke’s Locker discount card and an Austin FIT technical training T-shirt
- On-site sports medical professionals to keep you healthy
- Educational seminars & social group events
There are three six-month-long training programs within Austin FIT:
- Fall RUNNERS Program (training for winter half and full marathons) starts August 22, 2015. EFFECTIVE NOVEMBER 7, 2015, THE NEW START TIME IS 7:00 AM.
- Fall WALKING Program (training for winter half and full marathons) starts September 12, 2015 at 7 AM. location: 1301 Shoal Creek Blvd, parking lot of the Austin Recreation Center\near House Park Stadium
- Spring WALKING ONLY Program (training for spring half and full marathons) January 9, 2016 at 8am.
- Summer WALKING Program (training for fall half and full marathons) starts May 15, 2016 at 6:30 AM.
- Summer RUNNERS Program (training for fall half and full marathons) starts June 19, 2016 at 6 AM.
Or, if you’re ready to join us for the longer term, consider our annual membership. For one discounted fee, you can run or walk with us for almost the entire year. You’ll stay committed, connected, and growing well into 2015
So come on and join us! We’re saving you a spot.