Assistant Coach - Red Half Marathon Group (10:00-10:29)
- # of Years Running: 6 years
- # of Years with Austin Fit: 5 years
- # of Full or Half Marathons: 2 half marathons, 4 10-milers
- Favorite race every year is Austin’s Run for the Water 10-mile event. It’s hilly but the scenery is beautiful and it’s raises funds for such a great cause!
- Goal is to stay injury-free this season and complete the Austin Half Marathon in 2017
Jennifer started as a casual runner before having kids and completed just a few 5k’s. After having her first child, she decided to train for a 10k as a way to lose the stubborn baby weight without needing childcare (all it took was a jogging stroller!). When her second child was just 4 months old, she joined Austin Fit and trained and completed her first half marathon. After making such great running friends through Austin Fit, she continued to run with them even on the “off seasons”. Now she regularly runs around Town Lake on her lunch breaks at work and looks forward to another training season with Austin Fit!