Assistant Coach - Red Half Marathon Group (10:00- 10:29)
- # of Years Running: 6 years
- # of Years with Austin Fit: 4 years
- # of Full or Half Marathons: 3 half marathons
- Favorite race was her first half marathon, the San Antonio Rock n’ Roll in 2012, but really, all races are her favorite! San Antonio was memorable, because it was the culmination of months of training, new friends made, and an accomplishment like no other.
- Goal is to someday do a marathon, but just one! She’d like to do the New York City Marathon one day with her husband.
Yvette began running as a way to supplement her exercise routine and to help her cope with a period of unemployment. After training for the 2012 Cap10K with some Austin Fit coaches, she was encouraged to try Austin Fit and to do a half marathon. Up until that point, she hadn’t run longer than 7 miles. Much to her surprise, she ran her first half marathon in 2012. That first summer of training, Yvette made many great running friends who shared her passion. In 2015, Yvette trained for the first time with the Austin Fit Fall group and added even more awesome people to her running circle. After a few years of dealing with injuries, Yvette finally ran her second and third half marathons in early 2016, and is ready to do many more! She is now an assistant coach for the Red Half Marathon group, where she first started four years ago. Yvette is so grateful for all of the people she has met in Austin Fit and is excited to pay it forward as a coach!