- # of Years Running: 4 (But active in Soccer since grade school
- # of Years with Austin Fit: This is my first year!
- # of Half Marathons: over 15
- # of Full Marathons: 6 and 1 Ultra Marathon!
- Favorite Race: Tie between New York City Marathon and Santa Rosa Marathon
- Goals: Run the Boston Marathon, run a marathon with my father and husband, continue spreading animal welfare awareness, and always shoot for the moon!
Crystal Zemlin started running when she was inspired by a friend to start. As an avid soccer player she never thought that running a race, much less a marathon was in the cards. In 2015, she decided to sign up for her first half marathon in La Porte. After having such a great experience she continued her training and races. Not too long after, she decided she would enter the lottery to run Chicago and New York City Marathons in 2016. By her surprise, she got picked to run both! Ever since then running has been an on-going passion in her life!
When Crystal is not running, she enjoys walking her two beautiful black lab rescues with her wonderful husband.