Austin Fit – Fall Runners please CLICK HERE to view this week’s newsletter with tips, routes, and weekday workout information!
Fall participant shirts are IN! Make sure you get yours after your run or walk.
This Saturday, 12/21 we will be meeting at TxDOT at 6:50 for our long run. There are several mileage options: 8, 9, 10, 11, & 12 miles to choose from.
TIPS for this week’s run:
- Print the route and bring in a plastic bag.
- Hydrate as the weather has warmed a bit – and bring your electrolyte drink/tab – bring your hand held water bottles as well.
- We are running the Shoal Creek trail. In some areas the trail is very rocky. Please leave plenty of room between you and the person in front of you so you can see not only the ground under you, but also the ground a few feet in front of you. This allows you time to react. If the trail is too tricky, slow down, walk even.
- The route is a gradual climb on the way out, and a decline on the way back. So, go out easy and focus less on pace and more on effort.
- There is no Gatorade on the course but there will be water!
Next Week: 12/28 – We will be meeting at 6:50 AM under the MoPac bridge by the Austin High tennis courts to run our 3rd Annual Mt. Bonnell & Mimosa Run!
~ Jen Harney