A HUGE CONGRATULATIONS to all participants and coaches who dedicated their lives for 26 weeks of training for a goal!! Whether that goal was to finish your first half or full marathon, set a new PR, make new friends, improve your health, inspire others to reach their goals, or just have FUN, I sincerely hope you enjoyed this season and met your goals!! We have several people heading to Shiner, TX tomorrow for the half marathon…Good LUCK to all of you!! For those of you that ran your goal race in October or the beginning of November, I hope your recovery has gone well and that you have found your way back to a routine…running, training, or trying something new! If you braved the San Antonio race last Sunday…well you deserve more kudos than I can even fathom. Those were terrible conditions for long distances such as the half and full marathon. If you finished…that is a massive accomplishment!!! Some days are like that and hopefully you can find something positive from the experience. Those of you that ran Las Vegas, I hope you had fun and memorable experience. What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas!!!
To ALL of you that stuck with us, Thank YOU! You are amazing rock stars and Austin Fit is PROUD of YOU!!!! Now, what is next?
- Afterglow Celebration – Coach Mia Zmud has warmly opened her home to us for a BBQ party on Sunday, December 8 from 4pm – 8pm. Bring a dish, wear your medal and race shirt, and let’s celebrate the end of the season!! More details will be sent out in an evite and will also be posted on Facebook…so stay tuned!!
- Fall Program Transfer – If you would like to continue training – come run with the fall program. We meet a little later (enjoy the extra hour of sleep!!) with a start time of 6:50 AM. Click Here for the Austin/3M Half/Full Marathon Schedule. This Saturday, the Half Marathon group is running 7 miles and the Full Marathon group is running 11 or 13 miles with a 9 mile shorter option. You can register ONLINE or in-person for $35. Please make sure you sign up for the Fall Runner’s Newsletter and the Austin Fit (Fall Group) Facebook page. We have not handed out shirts, but if you register you will get a participant shirt.Click Here for this week’s Fall Newsletter (also found on the group Facebook page.
- 9-5 Training – Want to work on speed for the spring 5K/10K season?!! Well, on December 14th (Saturday) we are starting our next 9-5 session at Luke’s Locker! This training is for all levels including novice, beginner, or experienced runners or walk-to-runners. We spend 9 weeks training for 5K – this session will be the Paramount 5K on February 16, 2014 – and the group meets each Saturday morning at 7:30 AM for a quality group workout. Coach Noreen Jacobson sends weekly emails and training schedules and keeps you motivated and improving along the way!! You will also receive a 9-5 Training shirt, End-of-Season Graduation breakfast with Finish Certificate, a $25 Luke’s Locker gift card for attend the first 4 out of 5 sessions, 20% off Luke’s discount, and race discount. The cost is $60 and you can register in person or online. Questions – email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Spring Half/Full Marathon Training – Austin Fit is thinking of offering a Spring training session and would like to know how many coaches/participants would be interested in participating. It would be a shorter season (16-21 weeks) starting on January 4th targeting races in late April to early June such as Big Sur, Nashville Country Music, Cincinnati Flying Pig, Keybank Vermont, San Diego, Oklahoma, and Vancouver. If this is something you would be interested in, please let me know!! Email – email@example.com and just say YES, I’d like a Spring Half/Full Marathon Training season.
- End of Season Survey – Austin Fit’s Summer program is putting together a survey to gain vital information on your thoughts/feelings/opinions of the season. We are working to have this to you after the Thanksgiving Holiday. Please be on the look out for it. There will be a raffle prize for all who complete the survey. Your feedback is valuable to us as we grow and improve!!