AUSTIN FIT Fall Training Program
Location: 150 E. Riverside at TxDOT parking lot
Start Date: Saturday, August 17, 2013 ~ 26 week training
Season Start Time: 6:50 AM
Organizer: Jennifer Harney – email questions: email@example.com
Kick-Off & Orientation: Saturday August 17th
Registration Opens – 6:50 AM
• Online Registration participants need to check in at the Internet Check-In Table
• In-Person Registration participants need to register at the Registration Table (Cash or Check ONLY)
Welcome & Orientation – 7:15 AM
• 7:15 – 7:45 Orientation of Austin Fit Summer program.
Placement Run & Walk – 7:45 AM
Placement run and walk begins – There are cones, chalk, and coaches on the course to help you know where to go. There are also coaches running or walking with you to ensure everyone returns safely. Every coach has a badge on. Please look at the map/routes before Saturday. *Will be posted online soon
This season, all the runners (half & full marathon) are going to do a time trial instead of a placement run. We will use your 2 Mile or 5K time to determine your long run pace range which will help you find your pace group. All walkers will use the 1 mile walk as a placement walk in which you walk at a conversation pace.
The color groups are listed below. You may start with one color group and as the season progresses move to a different color group as you improve. The placement run and walk are best done at a comfortable pace where you can carry on a conversation and are not out of breath. Typically, you want to train on Saturdays at a pace that is 30-90 seconds slower than your goal race pace.
- Blue* – < 8:00
- Green – 8:00 – 8:59 minutes per mile
- Yellow – 9:00-9:59 minutes per mile
- Red – 10:00-10:59 minutes per mile
- Orange – 11:00+ minutes per mile
- Purple – Walking group (full and half marathon group as well as a Get Fit group for participants who are new to exercising and not ready or wanting to train for half marathons.
*We have combined the blue and green pace groups. We do have a blue coach who trains members wanting to run their long runs faster than 8:00 min per mile.
• Stretch, Q & A with Head Coaches, and Socialize with Austin Fit coaches and other participants
• Breakfast at Freddy’s – 1st St. (between Barton Springs Rd. & Oltorf – on the east side of 1st St.)
• See you next Saturday at 6:50 AM
We have training schedules for the following Winter races in 2013/2014:
- December 8th: Metro PCS Dallas, BCS (College Station), and CIM (California) – Need a base of 8 miles
- January 19th: Houston Marathon
- January 26th: USAFIT Marathon – Everyone’s Half & Full Marathon
- Rock-N-Roll New Orleans – Feb 2
- Austin Distance Challenge Races: Uptown Classic 10K/5K – Oct. 6, Run for the Water 10 Mile – Oct. 27, Decker Half Marathon – Dec. 8, Rogue 10K/30K – Jan 5, 3M Half Marathon – Jan 19, and the Austin Marathon & Half Marathon – Feb 16
- Cowtown Marathon in Fort Worth – Feb 23